Friday, July 5, 2013

Let's All Yell At Each Other

If These Heels Could Talk they would say, "yelling is a much better form of communication at least that is what my kids think."

To sit down for a relaxing evening with my three kids is nearly impossible.  Not one thing can be decided without them arguing over what it is they are trying to decide. 

It usually begins with a friendly conversation and then it takes a turn for the worse right when they start to think they know more than the other one.  They do not speak to each other in the normal calm voice regardless of what it is they are discussing. 

I always thought how would it be if when I was speaking to  people if I would talk to them like my kids talk to each other.  It would be quiet humorous. 

Random person to me: "How are you today Angie?"

Me to random person: "Shut up you freaking idiot."

Random person to me:  "Hey can we watch another movie?"

Me to random person: "Shut up you freaking idiot."

And so you can see how these conversations continue.  It is almost as if they do not like each other at all.  Is this normal for siblings?  I don't know if I ever talked like that to my brothers or vice versa.  I know that we didn't always get along and still have our disagreements. 

I have tried to teach the kids that they should be each other's number one fan.  It doesn't mean that they are always going to agree with each other or even like each other at times.  But at the end of the day there are only a few people in this lifetime that you will be able to count on for support and it should include the ones you sit down with at the dinner table.

But I guess in the mean time, yelling will have to be the best form of communication.








No comments:

Post a Comment