Thursday, June 28, 2018

Stuff Money Can't Buy

If these heels could talk they would say, “I have ALWAYS believed that no personal encounter is by mistake.”  I truly believe that EVERY person that we encounter has a purpose.  Call me crazy, but I believe it.  I believe it with every ounce of being I have. 

The encounter could be by choice or by chance either way there is a purpose. 

A while back I accompanied a friend on her daily grind and I assisted with her business.  She needed help and I needed something to do....so I went. 

By me going,  I was fortunate enough to meet the most pleasant lady.  She was eighty years old.  If you don't know one thing about me, it is this... I LOVE OLD PEOPLE. They have stories, they have a history........ 

She asked if I could help her out in her garage with a few things and I was obliged to help.   Next a blessing came.... not for her but for me. 

She spoke of her things.... She said, "I am too old for ALL this responsibility."  She spoke of her late husband of fifty four YEARS!!!!  She said how he was so unorganized and she showed me his area where  he kept his tools.  I found it funny that even after his death his things annoyed her by being everywhere. While she spoke of how unorganized he was, I could tell that she missed him terribly.  Even with his un organized self.... she longed for him... someone... even at eighty years old. 

She explained how her daughter lived hours away and was busy in her career. Most of her friends had died and she ate alone a lot. My heart broke for a lady that I had just met.  

We work our whole lives for THINGS.  Houses, clothes,j jewelry, cars, THINGS.... and in the grand scheme of life all we want is companionship.  

Someone to talk to. 
Someone to confide in.  
Someone to laugh with.
 Someone to cry with. Someone to hope with.
 Someone to die with.  

My mother taught me years ago that Love is truly the most important thing and if you have love you are wealthy by many means. 
I was reminded of that on that day. 

You can't take money with you.
You can't take stuff with you.
 It is what you leave behind that is important.
Memories ..... 


Memories are priceless.... Even the most wealthiest can't buy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment