Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Out of the Mouths of Southerners

If These Heels Could Talk they would say, "boy us Southerners can come up with some garbage."

A friend of mine recently posted a video to my Facebook timeline that was titled "S$IT Southern Women Say".  I must say it certainly gave me quiet the chuckle.  So of course in good ole Angie fashion I started thinking back to some of the Southern sayings that I grew up on. 

Every culture has it's own slang terminology.  I know this because anything I ever learned in Spanish class went right out the damn window when I sat in between to people that spoke fluent Spanish or as we from the South would say, "they spoke Mexican."

I was able to pick up the cuss words, and to this day I impress myself when I can make out that someone is cussing in Spanish.  It really is the important things in life you know. 

Well anyway, back to the real reason for this late night round of rambling....

I thought I would sling some of our sayings down here on this here computer to give ya'll out there a little chuckle....

Here goes....

  • Bill is busier than a one legged man in a butt kickin contest.(well you get the idea)
  • Give me them there fish so I can wrench them off. (Just caught a mess of fish and need to rinse them off)
  • If you don't stop that crying, I'm gone giving ya something to cry about. (You's about to get your tail tore up)
  • Oh Billy Bob was about as high as a Georgia Pine. (He was tore slap up.... drunk)
  • She'd complain if Jesus Christ came down and handed her a dollar bill. (She ain't never happy)
  • I brought cha in this world and I will take you out. (Mom when she is ticked off)
  • I am a full as a tick. (Just ate the whole buffet)
  • She is about as dumb as a box of rocks. (Really don't get dumber than that)
  • He was driving like it was a Sunday afternoon. (Driving entirely too slow)
  • I have known you since you were knee high to a grasshopper. (Knew me since I was a little one)
  • You is the spittin image of your Daddy. (It means you ain't the mail mans kid)
  • Damn it's cold enough to hang meat in this place. (Turn on some heat)
  • I don't know whether to scratch my butt or wind my watch. (Someone is a little on the confused side)
  • It is cold as a witch's tittie in a brass bra. (Turn on some heat)
And a couple of my all time favorites.....

  • Good Lawd woman how do you walk in them shoes?
  • Ain't cha afraid ya is gonna break your neck in them shoes?
  • Just how high are those heels?
  • Did ya shoot a hooker for those heels?
  • I can't wear nothing but flip flops I swear.

And so tonight in closing I would like to say.... Good night John Boy.....







No comments:

Post a Comment