Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Things Southerners Do When It Snows

If these heels could talk they would say, "boy a little bit of the white stuff and people start to get crazy around here."

Wow, what can I say? 

Living in Georgia you really don't expect to get much snow, much less twice within a thirty day period.  Well yesterday as I sat with my drinky drink, doing nothing much but reading Facebook posts and laughing my arse off via text with one of my best gal pals I got to thinking, this snow really freaks us out in the South. 

Here is my interpretation of what Southerners do when it snows.

1. Freak Out
2. Stock up on eggs, milk, bread and toilet paper.
3. Freak Out some more.
4. Constantly post updates on every social media page about the snow flake that just hit their windshield.
5. Immediately lose every driving skill that they have ever known.
6. Freak Out even more.
7. Take pictures of random ice cycles.
8. Call their friends that live right next door to ask if their power is out. 
9. Call relatives to talk about the weather as if we can't see what the hell is going on.
10. Get in your car to survey "the damage" as if it is a freak show.
11. Freak Out for the fifth or sixth time and post more random pictures of ice cycles and post more updates of the weather via every social media page.
12. I take pictures of myself wearing heels while getting in my car to go survey the damage of random ice cycles that may have formed into the shape of a high heel shoe.

The snow is truly beautiful however I do not do cold weather at all and will leave with this thought.  I NEED SPRING AND SUMMER WEATHER. 

No comments:

Post a Comment