Saturday, August 17, 2013

No Sense of Humor = You Suck

If These Heels Could Talk they would say, "people that lack a sense of humor really do suck." 

I am a very matter of fact person when it comes to business and the serious things of this world.  At no point would you have to guess where I stand on an issue because I have no problem what so ever letting you know.  I am at times thought to be mean until a person "gets" to know me and then the realize that I am just handling business.

There is most definitely a time and place for everything, however I really believe that you have to find a way to incorporate laughter into each and every day.  Without that laughter the world would just be a big blob of frownie faces and nobody likes a frownie face. 

On most any given day you will find me cracking a joke or being sarcastic (in a loving way).  And a lot of times people get me and my sarcasm.  But there are times when there are those weirdos among us that take everything so serious that they wouldn't know a joke if it slapped them in the face. 

I recently had an encounter with an individual. I didn't know him and had never met him.  He happened to be acquainted with two people that I happen to know and have known for a long time.  They have witnessed my humor and sarcasm.  They have laughed at my humor and sarcasm.  They themselves have been humorous and sarcastic with me, in which I returned the favor and laughed a long. 

During this encounter he asked me for something that he had been sent to retrieve and I "sarcastically, jokingly said, "tell blah and blah to take a chill pill or I will roll their house because I know where they stay. "  He laughed at me. I even said, "I'm just joking as soon as I have it in my hands I will get it to blah."  "And by the way, tell them both I said hey and I hope to see them soon." 

Well apparently his little laugh was a fake laugh. Which by the way don't fake a laugh just to attempt to make me think you got the joke or that I might be offended if you didn't,  that in itself is just dumb.


The next thing you know I was told that I had been rude about his request.  

Hmmmmm........ at no point did I tell him he looked ridiculous in that shirt and those jeans.  At no point did I say that his haircut was ridiculous.  At no point did I tell him to take a chill pill.  At no point did I tell him that he was ugly. All of those things would have been rude. 

I cracked a joke.  Since when is joking rude?

People take some things entirely too serious.  I can't imagine living that way. And I won't live that way.  If you find my humor and sarcasm offensive then I find your lack of a sense of humor offensive.

Laugh a little. It is so much prettier than crying. 




No comments:

Post a Comment