Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Time Stood Still for Brent

If These Heels Could Talk..... well they really wouldn't talk right now...they would probably shed a little tear.

It is amazing at what the brain will remember.  I know that there are tons of things that I have experienced in my life that I simply can't remember.  There are tons of things that I do remember that bring a huge smile to my heart and face.  Then there are tons of things in my life that I do remember that I wish I didn't remember because when I go there my smile vanishes.

Ain't that a bitch..........

For me, the things that I do remember the most are the ones that were either special, sad, or bad, a.k.a.  traumatic...... The first time I swam, the first time I  rode a bike, my first kiss, my first heartbreak, graduating from high school,  enlisting in the Navy, receiving my college degree the birth of all three of my children, the death of a loved one........

All of the things that I remember bring a different emotion.  However with most of them I can remember the time.  It was like with each experience that I remember the most for that moment time stood still.  The world stopped, nothing else mattered and my life was changed.

Today at 10:40 p.m. (a time to never be forgotten)  it will be exactly eight weeks since the world lost one of it's strongest warriors; Brent Beshers.......... 

Sixteen years old and still full of piss and vinegar, yet he was called home. I know that the moment he took his last breath on this side he was looking Jesus in the eyes.  And Jesus was saying, "Good Job faithful servant." 

I learned more from this young man in his journey to die then I have from anyone that has lived or is still living. 

His parents and the rest of his loved ones still mourn his loss and will continue to for quite some time. There is not a day that goes by that I am sure they do not think of him.  And I know for a fact they are working on projects to honor him. There is a tremendous void that can't be filled by anything else.

Eight weeks is not that long and quite frankly, I can't imagine what each one of them feels.  I am a friend and my heart hurts. 

We walk through life judging how others react to the circumstances that they are handed.  We are so quick to tell the other person how to play their hand that was dealt, yet we can't even decide whether we want to fold or bet.  And for some even with the chance to go all in, they still fold. 

Just because you may react one way to a situation does not mean that the other person will react the same way.  If we all remember this, including myself, we will begin to become so much more compassionate. 

Love a person for who they are where they are at....in my factual opinion we all have a little screwed-upness in us.  You just have to want to try to understand a little bit of the screwed-upness.

Brent is greatly missed by many and we will continue to celebrate his life. 

p.s... he also loved to shop for shoes, which is probably why we got along so well.



No comments:

Post a Comment