Tuesday, December 3, 2013

I Am Really Thankful For This Stuff

If These Heels Could Talk they would say, "I kind of slacked on a few days of the thirty days of thankfulness so I am going to sum up a few things I am really thankful for."

During the thirty days of thankfulness people posted mostly the obvious things that they were thankful for; family, friends, jobs, food and a roof over their head.  I too am thankful for those things but I thought I would let you in on a few things that I know I have at times taken for granted until I didn't have them. 

1. Central Heat and Air -  If you have never went without central heat and air then you can't appreciate this, however I have been without both and there is nothing like CENTRAL HEAT AND AIR.  My grandmother was the mass collector of them sticky fly traps.  You could walk into her single wide trailer on any given 100 degree summer day and see at least twenty of them things hanging around.  Even with central air she may have had a few flies enter her home, but not enough for twenty sticky fly traps hanging from the ceiling.

We had a wood burning stove or a kerosene heater most of the times for our heat at my houses.  There is nothing worse than heating the front half of your body to a good toasty level only to have the back half of you frozen solid.  You just have to keep turning and turning like you are a piece of fish being fried  until you get a good toasty feeling on both sides and then by that time the wood has burned down and you have to go outside to get more.  I've never really had that problem since central heat and air....  I am blessed.

2. Dental Floss -  How can anyone go without flossing?  I seriously think I could compare it to crack for me, although I have never tried crack. Hence if I had I probably wouldn't care about the flossing.  I have to floss at least three times a day.  And I am thankful for those little pickers that have the floss on the end.  HEAVEN in my mouth I tell ya. 




3. Make-Up -  Yes I know not everyone wears makeup and not every woman needs it, I however love putting on my make-up.  I do not feel complete without my make-up.  It is just another accessory for me and I rarely leave the house without it. There is  only one other thing makes me feel more like a woman and that is number four. 






4.  High Heel Shoes - Anyone and everyone that knows me knows my love for the high heel shoe.   I feel taller, more slender, more powerful and sexier in my high heel shoes.  There is no other explanation needed.  I love the person that invented them.  I can look at shoes like some people look at, well you know... cough cough.....

5.  Bubble Bath - What lady doesn't like a long bubble bath?  Have a drink in hand, feet propped up, pondering on the day's issues and planning tomorrow's escape.  I can sink in bubbles for hours, at least until the kids need something, then it is party over.

6. Pencil Skirt -  Now not all figures should attempt the pencil skirt and I am not saying that I am all that and a bag of chips or that I will be winning any of The Next Top Model episodes. But just as my make-up and high heels give me a little pep in my step, let me put on a pencil skirt and I will conquer the world.  I no longer fight the battle of my curves or try to hide them.  I will never be the size of a pencil so I embrace the next best thing.


7.  Laughter - Everyone laughs for different reasons, I laugh for a lot of reasons.  I am very thankful for my coping mechanism of laughter.  I think it is much better than crying especially since the crying can affect my number three. 

Now as I stated these are just a few things that I am thankful for and I really wouldn't want to have to go without them.  I have been without all seven of them and that is what makes me appreciate every single one of them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment