Thursday, July 18, 2013

Special Brownies

If These Heels Could Talk they would say.... "there are brownies and then there are special brownies."

I have a very sweet friend of mine, I will call her Susie Lou. (Not her real name,  I made up one  since she didn't give me permission  )  But I am going to share a story of hers.  I laughed so hard when she told me this story. I told her, "girl you got stories."

The event itself is funny, however the fact that it was Susie Lou that experienced it, made it even better. Susie Lou is a petite pretty little thing with a bubbly personality.   I love when we get to spend time together.

Susie Lou and I were high tailing it  to Greene County to take in some Friday Night lights and cheer on our boys.  She was nervously riding shotgun. Nervous mainly because of my awesome driving skills.  I said to her, "don't be alarmed because the Good Lord is the captain of my ship and he is going to get us to the game safe."  And she in turn said, "I hear ya, but could you watch out for that mailbox." Needless to say she hasn't rode shotgun with me again.  It was during this road trip that I was blessed with this story.  Oh I laughed until my stomach hurt.

A few weeks prior to this game Susie Lou had made a trip to one of the local stores to purchase a new pair of cleats for her little running back that she calls son.  Her mother had made that trip with her.

While in the sporting goods store, Susie Lou  began to feel a little on the light headed side. You know that feeling you get sometimes, like you are a little foggy.  She didn't think much of it and thought that she just might need to get a bite to eat.

As she continued to dilly dally around the store her mouth began to feel very dry.  She was finding it hard to even swallow.  Next she began to feel her heart beating faster and she began to feel a little on the paranoid side.  She told her mom that she wasn't feeling that well and that they should go ahead and finish up.

As she and her mother walked to the truck all of her symptoms seemed to be getting worse.  Her mouth was even more try, her heart was beating faster and she felt even more paranoid.  They decided that it would be best if her mother drove. 

Her mother asked her if she had eaten anything today and Susie Lou replied, "just a little breakfast and that half of a brownie at your house."  Then she remembered...... She said, "mom where did the brownie come from." Her mom replied, "it came out of your nieces room." "She had a pan of brownies in there and she knows that she isn't supposed to have food in her .room"  "The pan was full, I guess she ate them all."

Meanwhile as they  continue down the road  Susie Lou continues to struggle with the onset of her symptoms.  Sweet Susie Lou is somewhat of a Nervous Nelly anyway that is why she has never rode shotgun with me again.  So anything out of the norm makes her more nervous.

Susie Lou tells her mom, "call my niece and ask her if there was anything in those brownies."  Of course her mother was a little confused at first, however she did as she was instructed.  The continued on down the road and turned into the nearest fire station. At this point Susie Lou wasn't sure if she was having an allergic reaction to something or not. 

Meanwhile her mother continues to ask the niece what was in the brownies. "Tell me what was in the brownies." The niece responds, "what do you mean?"  Susie Lou  's mother is insistent that she tell what was in the brownies and  became more forceful with her questioning. "Tell me what you put in the brownies, your aunt is over here and she is freaking out and we don't know if she is having an allergic reaction or not." 

While the niece is being questioned by the mother the EMTs are questioning Susie Lou about her day.  "What did you eat?" "Where have you been?" "What year is it?" "What is your birthday."  All the normal questions.

After several rounds of forceful questioning Susie Lou's mom finally gets a reply from the niece, "I put marijuana in the brownies, that is why she feels the way she does."

Susie Lou's mom relays that very valuable information to the EMTs and all was relieved. "They told my good friend to get some water, a bag or two of some munchies and go home and sleep it off." 

Susie Lou was some what relieved to find out what was really ailing her and vowed to never eat from any one's batch of brownies again.


No comments:

Post a Comment