Friday, August 30, 2013

Surviving the Cut - Facebook Style

If These Heels Could Talk they would say, "Do you have what it takes to outlast, outwit, and to ultimately survive the cut, Facebook Style?"


This little nugget of inspiration comes from a few Facebook posts that I have read this week.  The posts come from some of my Facebook friends and they go something like this....

"I am cleaning out my friends list, if you are still here you know what that means, you weren't deleted."

"I swear to God if people don't stop sending me Candy Crush requests, I am deleting them."

"If you posts to much be prepared to get deleted."

"Time to clean up, some people need to be deleted."

So how am I supposed to take these idle threats? Am I just supposed to be comfortable with them and just sit on pins and needles the rest of the day?  Am I to wonder, was I deleted, did they ever care to begin with? What did I do? Did I post too much? Did I not post enough?  Where did this relationship fall apart?

Actually here is what I think......

I have myself encountered on an occasion a few people in which I clicked right on their little name and hit DELETE.... But this deletion never came from their posts but rather another annoying habit that some people have that I will share on another occasion. 

Other than that I thoroughly enjoy the variety that I have in my Facebook Friends. They all have different personalities.   Some post daily, some post multiple times a day. Some never post. Some are stalkers. I know this because they never comment on my posts however when I talk to my mother she enlightens me on how many people ask her about me and what I may have recently posted.  Just ask me, I will share my friends.   Some are just readers. Some are complainers and complain about everything.  Some are politicians and posts nothing but political stuff.  Some are advertisers. Some are fitness buffs, some are stay at home moms. Some post a lot of pictures and some post none. 

The way I see it is that if you have a page and feel the need to manage it a certain way, that does not mean that the next person will manage theirs the same.  And to get angry is quite absurd if you ask me. Unless they out right offend you in some manner, why not embrace the variety and appreciate it?  That is just my factual opinion of course.

What does anyone care if Peggy Sue posts 20 pictures of herself and yes maybe she does think she looks good? Maybe just maybe Peggy Sue used to be overweight and she lost tons of weight and now she is proud of her accomplishment. Let her boast for a damn minute.  You don't know her story.

And maybe Billy Bob is going through a rough divorce and is lonely and feels the need to vent one night on Facebook.  Do I think that this is the best avenue for venting about your cheating slut of a wife? Hmmmm probably not, however maybe it makes him feel better for a second to get it off his chest and keeps him from going completely insane.  Be thankful no one was murdered. He most likely will delete it the next day anyway after he apologizes to all that he may have been offended.

I heard on a radio station recently that Facebook was linked to causing people's depression.  The depression stemmed from one reader looking at another person's life and becoming depressed because their's wasn't as glorious.  You know those friends that are always traveling, etc.....  Again, this is absurd. You can travel, you can have fun, you can have an awesome life, you just have to make it happen.  And then you can tell us all about it on your Facebook page but only if you feel the need to.

I have been accused of sharing "too much" and I find that rather intriguing as well because these same people accusing me of sharing "too much" come up with some of the most off the wall opinions of me.  If I really shared "too much" then those opinions would be facts.  I share what I want, when I want and how I want.  I decide what is too much.  Maybe they don't share enough.  Just saying.

The mentality behind the whole "delete" is just what we have resorted to as a society. One day we care the next day we don't.  Of course I don't think that all 1217 of my Facebook Friends are really my friends. Quiet frankly if you manage to go through life with one true friend you should consider yourself blessed.  I just happen to have a few more than one.  And of course my life is not over, so who knows they may "delete" me. 

So how do you survive the cut?  How do you make all these cyber Facebook Friends pleased?   I really don't know and I really don't give it a second thought.  But my friends that do posts about deleting friends certainly give me a chuckle.  I think, "uh oh who done made them mad?" 

In the meantime, I will be watching for more of Surviving the Cut Facebook style
with my Heels Kicked Up!









No comments:

Post a Comment